1.6
Style and Design

Xlibris scammed me for $700 for a publishing project which they totally botched. Sent them a finished .pdf needing nothing.

They returned a proof with everything messed up: line spacing, format wrong, pictures in the wrong place. etc. Missed deadline for Christmas sales because they had made such a mess of my .pdf. So called them and asked what the price to me would be so that I could at least sell gift certificates for the book at Christmas time.

They told me the price for my soft cover 73 page children's book would be $55. Naturally I was very angry and informed them that they knew very well that such a price would make the book unsaleable. Their reply was to offer me a "better price", still over $40. I told them that if that was the beEst they could do to simply return my $700 down payment and I would take the book elsewhere.

They replied that they had "already started it and had sent me a proof so nothing could be refunded" even though the proof they sent was totally wrong and significantly different in many bad ways from the .pdf I submitted. I have the proof they sent and the .pdf I submitted to them as well as copies of the contracts.

If there is still a suit, I would very much like to join it. If there is not, at least be aware that these people are thieves and unscrupulous in their business dealings.DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Product or Service Mentioned: Xlibris Publishing Service.

Comments

Xlibris

Hello, and thanks for your message. We're sorry to hear this.

Please send us an email at ComplaintsResponses@xlibris.com and we will follow up on your case. Please include your name and phone number, as well as your Project ID.

BoredHippopotamus

I have no idea who BoredHippopotamus is but he or she is certainly not the writer of this review.