1.6
Style and Design

I purchased my self-publishing package in December 2015 as an incentive to reach my goal of finishing my book.This information was provided upon my purchase and I confirmed that there was no deadline in the actual publishing process and I could proceed as I wanted.

However I was constantly hounded by the marketing department, editing department and every department in between to hurry up and finish my book. Mind you, I was paying them, not the other way around. The only people who seemed to have any concern for my needs and goals with MY book was the person who 'sold' me the package and the person who 'sold' me a stockpile of books. I purchased the 'Premium' package and the editors I worked with were no more than some young person entering my manuscript into an editing software program.

I had to provide many of my edits over and over again proving that no single person or group of persons were working on my manuscript. Every person who contacted me started from the beginning and had in no way even read my book. Worst of all, the version that was sent to Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Bookbub and other websites was not the final edited version which I paid to have printed. This means friends, family and others who purchased my book or ebook from websites received a book with many mistakes.

It has been over a year and I still have not been able to get the websites nor Xlibris to correct this problem. One of the biggest problems with Xlibris was no communication from one department to another when they pass your manuscript around. Another issue I had was with the cover artist. I paid extra for this service and they were so inexperienced and unprofessional I ended up paying someone else to design my book cover.

At the end of all of this, I sent an email to Xlibris stating all my frustrations. I did not choose social media to complain on. I gave them the opportunity to at least apologize and accept responsibility for my horrific experience and the only thing I wanted was for my final manuscript to be the one available for sell. I never received a reply from anyone except the gentlemen who wanted to 'sell' me more copies of my book.

To this day the wrong version of my book is for sell on websites that could potentially affect my success and I have been unsuccessful in having the bad copy removed and the correct one displayed.So ultimately, I am fighting an uphill battle in trying to create a reputation as a writer because a horribly edited version in displayed all over the internet.

Review about: Xlibris Publishing Service.

I liked: Quality of my book cover print, Getting the book published.

I didn't like: Unprofessional tatics, Simply horrendous, Unresponsive to customer needs after they got your money.

Had an Experience with Xlibris?

Comments

I'm currently going through this right now.

I think I can help you with your problem. If you're open to it please send me an email.