Style and Design

I won't repeat what I have read here over and over - the egregious editing errors, the lack of ANY marketing on their part - on and on , ad infinitum. Let's look at another way Xlibris has scammed me - and many others.

First, their "marketing" of my book. I got calls from three so-called "book-fairs". For an additional cost of over $1,500 each PER DAY, they would display my book - by hanging a poster on a wall. I wouldn't have a table or chair, and I would have to walk around with my books in a backpack!

For comparison, I just bought a table at a well advertised regional book-fair: $2,000 for two days! Next, I changed computers and had to re-establish my sign-in my password. They sent me a new password by e mail, and I wasn't able to open their e mail. Though I was able to upload ALL other e mails with attachments, Xlibris was the ONLY one that I could not open.

The answer to the problem was stated in this manner: "Well, we'll send you something with your yearly royalties some time in March.

Though more than two dozen friends have notified me that they purchased electronic versions of my on line, X-libris said it had records of only five electronic copies sold. If there's a class-action suit, tell me where I can sign on.

Review about: Xlibris Publishing Service.

Preferred solution: class action suit.

I didn't like: It is a total scam, Bad system for royalty payouts, Unresponsive to customer needs after they got your money, Want authors money not sales focused, Attempted to defraud me.

Comments

I would be interested in a classAction law suit .They provide me with an agreement with terms and conditions and had their own separate and varying contract . This was forged with my name and the date does not even match the date of the start of the contract .It is illegal to have 2 separate and varying contracts .it is illegal to forge a persons signature .“Unconscionable conduct “

I agree. I will join any clases action suit. They are totally incompetent.

andreaball_37

Hey...I just found out this was happening to family member of mine, would be able to chat with me or talk to help me understand what they do? andreaball@me.com

to andreaball_37 #1445245

Continuing story: Here it is, the middle of March ...and STILL no new royalties added to my account! Though I paid for Xlibris's "book sales" service, the current status: Xlibris= SEVEN on-line sales, my royalties: $19.38 - MY marketing my own book: 142 books sold, revenue = $2,840