2.4
Style and Design

Did Xlibris publish my book? Yes.

Am I satisfied with the book? Yes. However I am not satisfied with Xlibris as a publisher. Not only were they pushy about wanting me to continue to pay out more and more money for extra stuff after my initial deal was made but when I inquired about my book getting out into the book stores I was told that I had to go to the stores myself and get them to buy my book.

What? That is the publishers job. Their response was I may need to go through a more traditional publisher. Did they get the books out to the e-book sellers?

Yes. But you have to know my name or the name of the book to even get it to pull up. To this point I have not received any feed back from Xlibris regarding my royalties that I am supposed to be receiving. Its like once they got my money and the terms of the initial package was met that was it, nothing.

I have not heard anything else from them. What good is a publisher if they don't get your book out in the market where it can be seen. I have not heard one single thing back from all the press releases that they claim was put out to numerous media outlets.

And that includes my on hometown. Unless they convince me other wise by me seeing some kind of results, my next book will not be through Xlibris.

Review about: Xlibris Publicity Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #1342397

I was so naive and just excited to publish my book.i gave them a second chance but still same experience,They are too money driven,paid so much for marketing but they tell me i am to market the book myself.They claim the book was put on an international or whatever book fair,all i received was under 20 dollars for a whole years royalty.I am done with them,they can print, but can never help to get you out there on the market yet they make you pay for marketing.

Squamish, British Columbia, Canada #1301356

Your experience with Xlibris is the same as mine and they keep asking for more money.

to Anonymous #1396587

I assist a Author and he have the same issue with them as you guys. No Royalties, been published since 2013 still haven't earned over $60 in Royalties and its 2017