Woburn, Massachusetts
2K views

I purchased a publishing package worth $3000.00, it had all the bells and whistles to get my 1st book started. The Book was published in February 28th 2012 they congratulated me ,my head was big as a balloon.

I told all my friends and family they passed on that I wrote a book. The books were in e-book, hard copy and soft copy versions. I even purchased an e-book myself. I was supposed to have received 2 royalty payments, I received one for $12.00 only.

The statement had a few purchased books on it and it didn't make any sense to me. I called Xlibris several times, each time I got a person on the other line not sure what to tell me, but they assured me they'd straighten out my situation.

I had many call backs from Xlibris trying to sell me more of their packages, I refused to buy anything else until i found out were my royalty earnings went. I am totally bummed out about this, I put a lot of work into my book.

Product or Service Mentioned: Xlibris Publishing Service.

Comments

Yitta

Yes. I have issues with the company too.

I'm Ryan Martin who wrote The Regret of Silence. You probably don't know that because of Xlibris. I went with a new company for my next book. But you are not alone with these problems.

My hope is that as I develop a bigger and well known name and become a famous Author, to use my voice and hopefully have Xlibris shut down.

Us Authors work hard and deserve to be treated. So if any other Author has a strong voice, please do the same in order to save those future Authors from making the same mistake as us and choosing Xlibris.

@Yitta

I am a victim as well. Earl Cooke is the name and Redemption of a Dark Hero is the book.

I went to several attorneys who said it was nothing I could do. And they still want me to do another book sending me marketing packages and such. Tough chance that happens. I can prove they allowed another author to hijack my father's pseudonym Earl Cooke.

Xlibris told me there is no copyright on pseudonyms. So this other author gets to keep the name and they get to infringe on his publicity too??. I think there isn't any protection to authors if these things are occurring.The publishing company writes in their advertisements that " they will protect the authors" but they still offer no protection for my dad's name or his intellectual property, Redemption OF A Dark Hero. The other author was already writing in his real name and took the Earl Cooke name when the publishing company, Xlibris, signed him up.

How can I google Earl Cooke and get one author page recognized, but two books get advertised? Earl Cooke only wrote one book, not two.

This other book is taking customers away from the real Earl Cooke. Check it out.

Kianni

i am having the same issue, what did you do to resolve it and get your money for the work that you put in and i put in for writing it

Erlin

I've had a children's book published in 2010 and have not recurved one dime in royalties!

we need to all file a lawsuit against this company that steals people royalties...and mess up their book these crooks have done too many people like this , they are making money off of us Authors and putting it in their pockets. when I talked to them try to say I did not have any royalties left.

then they even let other people post stuff on your author page and pretend like they are the Author. We need help, I hope an lawyer is reading this.

THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS., DO NOT GIVE THESE CROOKS ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS. PLEASE RUN FROM THESE CROOKS FAST.

@Toni

Im in with a lawsuit

Yes this company is a rip off...they have stolen all my royalties also since 2012 DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM..THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY...AND MESS UP YOUR BOOK ALSO.... they even tried to get another book from me. no way I would ever fool with these crooks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a book published with xlibris also. They did not rip you off. You only got $12 in royalties because your book did not sell well.

Wow so sad... It makes me not want to get published by them..

They did me the same way. They got more femu book than I did and I still haven't gotten anything!

Plus now I can't even check out my royalties! So it is there probably selling left and right and I have no way of knowing it!!!!

Daion

My friend Jeanne published her first book with Prashanti press. they paid her 5.000 up front, and paid for a book tour across 7 states. Call a lawyer because you got screwed big time.

Me too!I keep seeing all the various book venues that are selling my books and I get nothing!

I just don't know what to do....I live on a fixed income and cannot afford to sue! Perhaps enough of of us ripped off authors can form some sort of co-op and sue these bastards.

@Anonymous

I agree with you and am in the same situation

I am currently having the same problem. I know for a fact that I sold more books than they have listed, and my royalties are supposed to be higher.

@Anonymous

Why remain anonymous?

My name is Willie Price and I have self published 2 books with Xlibris and have been ripped off on both books.I need the royalties they ripped me off of!

We need to collectively find a way to get our money!

yes they have done me the same way do dot do business with this company for they will take your royalities and put in there own pocket and will mess up your book

with a lot of errors....RUN...RUN..RUN...FROM THIS SORRY COMPANY................

I published with them in 2010, never saw anything! When I called they said something about payment of my book having to sell $25.00 within a quarter in order to receive a check...they've called as well...no thank you. It's a shame!

#919952

Yes you need to cancel your credit card immediately and get a new credit card as Xlibiris are well known for stealing from the credit card numbers they have just charging for whatever random stuff they can think of that you never asked for. They are c-on men and thieves.

Friday 7th November 2014

Hi Kitten

It is true, you are not the only one who has fallen under the spell of Xlibris Publishing. Please do yourself a big favour, stop your pennies rolling their way, close your Credit Card, terminate your contract with Xlibris.

The proof is in the pudding, so extract yourself from their hold over you. Hopefully in the near future, all who have been scammed by Xlibris can get together and bring this matter to justice for all concerned. We are not hyperbole or detractors, but fools with our modest ambition which we wanted so much to share with the world. Unfortunately each one of us entrusted our goodwill to Xlibris Publishing.

When will Xlibris see the error of their ways and repent? it is never too late.

#919950