I self-published a book with Xlibris. I ordered a marketing package that cost $6,000 for an ad in Reader's Digest that guaranteed 3 million issues would contain my ad.

Instead, Xlibris gave me a half circulation or 1.5 million issues. I asked for a refund of $3,000 or for the ad to run again in the other 1.5 million issues. I was told they don't make refunds. Finally, they offered to run an ad in Christianity Today that has a circulation of 130,000 in exchange for the error they made.

I turned this down as 130,000 in circulation is nowhere nearly comparable to the 3 million circulation I paid for. (I have emails from them acknowledging that it was their mistake). After I rejected this proposal, I've heard nothing from them, except for more marketing calls to get me to spend more money. I just tell them to resolve my outstanding issue first.

Also, they have not paid royalties on many of the books I sold, despite me buying a 100% royalty package.

I want my $3,000 back. Do not do business with this company ever!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Xlibris Platinum Publishing Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Xlibris Cons: Irritating.