So, I signed with them few months ago.

They offered me “huge” discount for what I thought an all in package.

It’s still a bit pricey, but since I know only a little about authorship, so I think they can mentor me to be a good author.

Then my publishing consultant, Angelo Clark, offer me this and that. Said that it is important for my first book publication. Since no one know me, those extra services are good to help me build my author brand. I gave in since I thought it is really important and I still trust his advise, given that he is a Senior Publishing Consultant, or so he said.

But then, he started to offer me the services that I thought it was already included in the “all in package” that I purchase in the beginning. That’s when I feel odd about xlibris’ service. Although I don’t have any choice but to purchase that since I already invested a lot, and I thought I will do this project anyway. But he keeps offering me this and that services which I thought already included in the initial package, to the point that it is unaffordable for me.

Since I’m quite tight in my finance, I decided to cancel this project and get a refund.

Mr. Clark said that I’m not eligible for any refund since it 90 days has been passed from the purchase.

To be fair, it is said in the contract that prior to submission, there will be no refund if 90 days has passed. But in the other bullet point it is said I still can get 50% refund AFTER the submission before the design started.

They never explain, or even mention, that the 90 days term applies for everything in that section.

Loss : around AUD $9000

Product or Service Mentioned: Xlibris Publishing Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: At least 50% of everyhing I have invested..

Xlibris Cons: Cheating me out of my entitled refund, Company attempting to scam me, Being mislead.

• Mistake
  • liars
  • Fraud Advice
  • xlibris terrible service
  • Xlibris Avoid

Comments

Sylvia999

Senior Scamming Consultant is all he is. The company's business is scamming only.

Xlibris

Hello, and thanks for your message. We're sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with us.

Have you tried contacting our Customer Service department, to have your issues rectified?

Please also feel free to send us an email at ComplaintsResponses@xlibris.com along with your name and Project ID. Thanks.

Sylvia999
@Xlibris

Senior Scamming Consultant no one should believe you. Xlibris never satisfies any customers all the do is scam. Then they make a lame fake attempt on here as some damage control but they won't follow through to hep this person.