My elderly mother wanted her book published and has subsequently been scamed by this company for several thousand dollars. She doesn’t understand what they are telling her, but is frightened to tell them no, that she won’t pay because she thinks they will sue her for much more money.

I just found out what they are doing and will attempt to help her find an agency to help. What a horrible thing to do to someone who doesn’t know how to discontinue having her money taken.

Apparently, I need to add more information to this review.

I imagine there are many people like myself with an elderly parent living too far away to be checked on regularly. How awful to prey on people who are elderly and/or don’t understand enough about the publishing field to know that they are being scammed.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

DashingGreyReefShark

I just recently signed up with the company and the employees are pushy, I was high pressured into submitting my book so it can be sold during the holiday shopping rush. I have been aske three times for money and to pay them for to receive 100 % of the royalties from the sale of my submission.

I have more money invested with no return in sight. By the way I am also a senior citizen who only wanted the book published as a gift for my children.

Xlibris

Hello, and thanks for your message. We would like to look into this case.

Can you please send us your mother's Project ID, and any other information (her name, title of her book) so we can investigate with our Customer Service department? Please email us with this information at ComplaintsResponses@xlibris.com .