1.3
Style and Design

I entered a publishing contract with xilbris. A copy of the terms of the conditions I agreed to with Xilbris.

Long story short - xilbris failed to deliver any level of professional service. Customer service was poor and more importantly what they actually produced in terms of 'graphic design' was rubbish. Every step of the way there was always something else that had to be paid extra for.

Basically they had their hand out to receive money but provided nothing in return and additionally asked for more money for what you actually thought was included in the initial contract.

After numerous instances of complete dissatisfaction I formally cancelled. 3 weeks later I am s till trying to get someone to process the refund only to finally speak with someone who told me that I would get nothing!!! I was told they had a contract that showed this - presumably different to my signed/agreed contract. I have asked for a copy of such a contract - this has not occurred.

I suspect a lot of misleading possibly fraudulent practices at Xilbris.

XLIBRIS TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

•Xlibris offers a non-exclusive agreement. This means that you are in no way exclusively bound to the Xlibris Agreement and can still engage or enter into other publishing agreements even if you’re already publishing with us.

•Xlibris provides an open-ended agreement. This means that you may cancel or terminate your agreement with us at any time with or without a cause.

•Your work, your rights: As the author, you retain full-control, ownership and complete rights to your book.

•On the other hand, Xlibris acquires no right of ownership to the Work under this Agreement.

•As mentioned above, at Xlibris we offer a money-back guarantee all throughout the submission stage of your materials. If at any time, for any reason, you are dissatisfied with a product or a service, just let us know, and we will work with you to come to a reasonable and satisfactory resolution. Xlibris' refund policy is applicable within 6 months from the date you sign up, provided that you have not submitted your manuscript for publication. The only amount withhold is the $40 installment processing fee and the $200 administration fee.

Review about: Xlibris Premium Publishing Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Being scammed, Misleading contract, Poor quality, Fraudulent, Cheating me out of my entitled refund.

Comments

Xlibris

Hello, and thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with us.

We'd like to follow up on your case.

Can you please send us an email at complaintsresponses@xlibris.com, containing your name, book title, and Project ID? Thanks.