Featured Not resolved
1.5
Style and Design

Total nightmare, wasn't edited, and no one would ever contact me to correct things. They also charged me for a script reading supposedly by a reputable movie company, and did no such thing.

I'm so afraid to trust another publishing company.

Worst of all, I have yet to receive any money for sold books. I was told that Barnes and Noble were to aid in promoting, but they refused to hang my poster in their store.

Product or Service Mentioned: Xlibris Platinum Publishing Service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 21.

Comments

I'm sorry, but you have been scammed. XLibris is one of the aliases of Author Solutions, which is one of the biggest and oldest "vanity press" scams.

A real vanity press would be honest about their terms: You not only write but edit the book, they print the book, and send it to you, you can *try* to market it, but good luck because you're not in the publishing business. A real publisher would provide full editing, publishing, publicity and marketing services, out of *their* pocket; if they don't think they'll sell enough of your book to make a profit, they simply won't buy your book.

(Yog's Law: Money flows *toward* the author. The only place an author should sign a check is on the back.) I suggest you google "Writers Beware", which is a warning and information site hosted by the SF Writers of America.

Xlibris

Hello, and thanks for your message. We're sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with us.

For Royalties, we have a special department that handles inquiries. Can you please send an email to our Royalty Help Desk at RoyaltyHelpDesk@authorsolutions.com ?

They will be glad to help clarify any issues and to thoroughly explain the Royalty system. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you and addressing your concerns.