2.8
Style and Design

Since publishing my book in June, 2017, I have yet to see any returns on my mass marketing investments. I am always receiving phone calls to invest more money into more services that don't seem to result in returns.

Even when I am told that no more services are needed, I still receive phone calls saying that more investments are needed. I have also given my publishing consultant times when it is best to contact me, and no one seems to acknowledge my request.

I am on my third publishing consultant, and I am called at all times. I feel like I am being harassed to constantly invest in more and more services without anyone taking responsibility as to when I can expect any returns.

Review about: Xlibris Publicity Service.

Reason of review: Harassment when I instructed no more phone calls for further investments .

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Customer service and quality of book cove print.

I didn't like: Harassment for constant services and investments.

Comments

EqualYorkshireTerrier

They’ve also sent copies of another author’s book through e-mail when I was expecting my edited version. Plus, they overpriced the paperback at $25 & the hardcover for $35 when I tried to tell them I’m looking at pricing it between $8.99 to $11.99.

Their answer was we don’t print by bulk like other publishers. I understand that but books I’ve seen elsewhere had more pages than mine and half the price. It’s no wonder their explanation was hard to believe, especially when their publishing consultant tried to sell me the same service of Returnable Books which retailers can return copies not sold, I reminded that I already paid for such service which won’t expire until 2 years later and she instead said if so I need to renew it. I replied to her that the way you were selling me this had nothing to do with renewal since she told from the beginning about her sales pitch that I no longer have an active Returnable Book service.Another thing that bothers me is when they exploit all their Filipino female operators which in some range make around $3 for twelve hours of work at a giant Call Center.

I don’t know for sure the exact hourly rate but what I read online corporations take advantage of third world countries with meager wages by paying them less than even McDonald workers and other public franchises in the US who make minimum payments. To clarify it, I’ll speculate that the destitute latter in the Philippines shall have to work a whole year to match what American minorities make in less than three months. They filled out my copyright in 2015 for only five years which will expire in 2020 which looks like after this term elapses, they’ll take over to retain full ownership of my book’s royalties.

I had to redo and update my manuscript through Bowker Identifier and had hired an intellectual property attorney since much has changed in my book.Thus, this time around it’ll last over 75 years which is far from the suspected Xlibris five years. Most of Xlibris promotional costs between $1,500 to $3,000 whereas Bowker Identifier cost is one quart of that and better quality.My Contact: info@onestopbooks.com

Xlibris

Thank you very much for your feedback. We're very sorry to hear this.

Please feel free to call our Customer Service department and ask to be put on our "Do Not Call" list.

This will go into our sales software and ensure that you are not called. Thanks!