1.1
Style and Design

My aunt actually had them publish her book.. did it not dawn on you all to take into consideration these authors work?

Regardless if you felt the book were good or not.. these authors put in lots of time creating their work.. It would've been thoughtful if after the first page they called my aunt to tell her she needs to take it back, get an editor and rethink the cover.. Caucasians on the cover of a book about ppl of African descent ?

The misrepresentation of the characters is enough to turn someone off from the book and we all know we need to support our people of color. Get rich quick scheme and you should be ashamed of your work. You would do better to really look out for those that are paying you because you wouldn't want someone to do the same to you. Now baby, I don't know why you'd waste your time doing a job if you're not going to do it right.

I'd like to see you grow as a company .. as a real publishing company but you have to be honest about your work.

You could make this an actual business to pass on to either your children or at least pass the funds in your will. Do better.

Product or Service Mentioned: Xlibris Publishing Service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 21.

Comments

Jojoanz

Hey thanks for responding. I think it was inconsiderate for a company to publish a book without insisting their client finds an editor first.

If I were the company and noticed that there was an issue, esp one such as the lack of punctuation marks, I would insist my client either finds an editor or try to help guide them to an editing source. Just a suggestion for your future business endeavors.

Adding just a tap of compassion and going just one extra mile would more than likely take you further. You're already getting paid or will get paid just ensure your clients are taken care of.

Xlibris

Hello, and thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that your experience with us, or rather that of your aunt, fell short of expectations.

While we are sure that your aunt worked diligently on her book, please understand that in self-publishing, the responsibility for writing quality (i.e editing) and book cover content falls on the author. In traditional publishing, e.g. with companies like Penguin and Simon & Schuster, the publisher would make changes to a manuscript's content and a book's cover -- and would also own the rights to the book. The self-publishing model works quite differently, as our authors always have full copyright ownership.We do have packages and services that provide guidance as to style and content, but perhaps your aunt did not purchase them.

Nevertheless, we do offer a (paid) resubmission service -- please feel free to contact our Customer Service department. Whatever you decide to do, we still offer our best wishes to your aunt for her book.