1.4K views

I just had my book released in April 2014 with Xlibris. When I check their online bookstore and type in the title of my book, it does not come up. Additionally, when I go to Amazon.com and type in my book, it is listed on page 5. Then the STATUS shows OUT OF PRINT (Limited Availability).

Continuous calls have been made to their Post Publication Department and the problem has not been solved.

If you would like to be part of a Class Action Lawsuit, please send an email

with your complaint, name, email and/or phone number to:

godsrose14@gmail.com

You will receive a response about the attorney information once we get enough people signed up.

Thanks,

Angelica

Comments

Can I still join the lawsiut.

EvilHyena822

My book was unknowingly published without Xlibris updating my publishing processes! I only found out that my book "Decade of Sorrow" had been published because I received an email from a person who informed me that my book came across his desk and had some questions regarding the pricing, as well as a few other points of interest.

This is completely preposterous!!! After nearly $10,000 was removed from my bank account. This is a PREDATOR!!!!!!! This was supposed to be my FIRST book release!!

No fanfare, not celebration, no NOTHING!!!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!! Now where are those nay sayers

My Father is 92 years old and finished a book about rocketry during the world war II period. We are so proud of his accomplishments as the computer ate his book when it went down.

so he rewrote the whole thing almost all over again. We wish he had consulted us prior to going through Xlibris publishing. Unfortunately, he found them online somewhere and fell for their false promises. the only truth behind this publishing house is that they do not communicate anything to their paying authors.

They do set seniors and others up for auto withdraws??? yeah really. And they do not advertise your work as they say they will in their contract with you. My dad was fed all sorts of lies about them sending his book to all these reviewers and to New York and on and on.

Truth they lied. Truth they're constantly draining his account of his money. around 8,000—10,000 at present. His book definitely should be sent to places like popular science, etc.

I did find it up on Band Noble, and A M a zohn .you know, who they are. He gets no phone calls about this activity, or any potential sales royalties zilch.

XLibris is a fake publishing front for some scam artist to steal a lot of money from talented writers and individuals. please add my father to this lawsuit: Charles P Idler cheidler1107@att.net or call my number (831) 325-5699 Charlie thank you for any help

Helli. Iam.

Author. Jacqueline. Jeter for book things. That.

Happened. By butterfly kisses. I want to. Sue.

Xlibris. For no payment. For my. Royaltys.

Email alicereed.us.com@gmail.com. phone.

864-541-9929 thanks have a blessed day. Let me know.

I and my husband have also experience this issue not receiving royalties since 2013, the book is a Halloween children's book which sells every year, they have put it on all types of websites and we have not receive a dime, pass2russ@yahoo.com

THERE ARE OTHERS LIKE THIS ONE TOO, WHERE 2015 of “Outfoxing the Gaming Club” is STILL DISPLAYED AS LISTED AND AVAILABLE WHEN IT SHOULD BE UNLISTED INSTEAD SINCE MY CONTRACT IS NO LONGER WITH XLIBRIS.I UNDERSTAND THESE ONLINE RETAILERS HOLD THE RIGHT TO SELL PAID-FOR OLD COPIES OR LEFTOVERS, BUT WHAT I CARE THE MOST IS FOR XLIBRIS NOT TO HAVE ITS NAME ON IT SINCE IT FALSELY GIVES THE IMPRESSION THAT THEY’RE STILL REPRESENTING THE AUTHOR of Outfoxing the Gaming ClubWHAT A NIGHTMARE THEY’RE STILL PUTTING ME THROUGH AS IF $25,000 AND UNREPORTED ROYALTIES SWINDLED FROM ME WASN’T SUFFICIENT!I WOULDN’T BE SURPRISED IF THEY’RE STILL PRINTING MY BOOK BEHIND CLOSED DOORS FOR DISTRIBUTION WHILE CLAIMING THE TOTAL FALSE OPPOSITE EVEN THOUGH MY CONTRACT WITH THEM HAS BEEN CLOSED SINCE November 7, 2017. PLEASE, STOP SELLING & ADVERTISING MY 2015 ORIGINAL BOOK PRINT of Outfoxing the Gaming Club.

HERE'S ANOTHER WEB RETAILER WHERE YOU'VE LISTED IT: The Combined Books ExhibitCOULD YOU DO ME A HUGE FAVOR BY NOT HAVING XLIBRIS NAME ANYWHERE MY MANUSCRIPT IS INSCRIBED WITH YOUR NAME LABEL?Their replies are nowhere close to legitimately representing any reimbursed settlements from the fraudulent claims made by their telemarketers who are shadily experts at convincing about how crucial it is that I continue purchasing promotions from them to generate significant profits on the sale.Such untrue sales-pitch claims from them turned out to be proven dishonest since not one cent was ever deposited in my bank account even though I’ve noticed multiple book retailers listing many used ones still being put on sale besides some friends of mine have bought my manuscripts.Other than that, Xlibris game up their games as an annoying scam-artist who continuously call to sell their authors, they rip-off their written books on top of keeping your quarterly royalties. I now publish my own books.Don’t rely alone on my statements, see for yourself what their countless former conned authors have to say and the awful nightmare they went through because you’ll only be aware of one of the biggest shocks in your life after you finish reading specific personal experiences from them.My Contact: onebookstop.comHere’s one response from them:I have been forwarded your recent communication concerning making your book inactive with Xlibris. This email is to confirm the cancellation of your book with Xlibris.Your book entitled "Outfoxing the Gaming Club" with ISBNs 9781503586574, 9781503586581 and 9781503586598 has been disabled in the Xlibris database and will no longer be available through the Xlibris online store and the Xlibris hotline within 3-5 days.

A cancellation request has also been forwarded to our online distributors such as Ingram, Baker & Taylor and Bowker Books-in-Print and it does take 2-3 weeks for them to change their status online to "PUBLICATION CANCELLED". When a title is listed as cancelled, production knows not to produce any more copies of the book for distribution.

My name is crystalCrystalcrawford76@yahoo.comInvested my money, and time and book is not out. Can’t get a hold of my consultant or and supervisors

I have wasted over 2,000 dollars. I can’t get a phone call through to any supervisors, a call back from my consultant. Talked to finance department and was told they can not give me a refund.

Authors blabbering because their books are not selling. If your book is good then it would sell.

Clearly all of your books aint good enough.

Stop flattering yourself. Accept the fact you guys are bunch of wannabe losers

@Truth Hurts

All the proof I need. Mine did sale this year and I have received no money.

Have proof of purchase. Unless you have poured your heart into something you will never know what it feels like to have it stolen from you. We can’t all be losers. Why are they selling mine in a different language a violation of an international copyright.

Why would they not pull it when I asked, if it’s not selling? I didn’t even pay them to list it on Amazon. If someone, anyone withholds even a dollar from me and seeks to conceal it then I consider them to be dishonest. Then I have to question how many have they have sold and not held up their end of the contract up.

This has been going on since 2009. I want any money owed to me and Justice. I want someone to check all their sells records and internet traffic. I want someone to question employees in New Jersey at the print shop to account for all books printed.

Before you judge people look at facts. I personally can’t say my book is great. I can say Doctor Suess was rejected numerous times. Steven King struggled in the beginning.

The notebook was found in the trash. What if just one author who paid to publish with them and has golden words? Just one and they lie and try to convince the author they control their copyright. Trust me the odds that they are holding some diamonds in a pile of rocks is great.

When we die off they have ownership of our words and we got cheated. I have an original brochure.

Words like you control your work. A Strategic Venture Of Random House.

EvilHyena822
@Truth Hurts

Yo Moron!! Yeah you!

Who are you? A moron plant on this site to disrespect anyone who tried to publish original works or writings. If you are looking to intimidate artists for taking a chance at getting published. You won't find it here.

You'd be better off by going to the Kardashians web site. They surely don't care................... We are a collective group of Writers. Maybe someone so callused as you wouldn't understand that we put an amount of emotion, many hours fact-checking, so no one can sue us for plagiarized the story.

Oh, and how would you mind if I write a story about you? Too ignorant to put his name on what he hasn't written. Now quietly slink back into the corner of your cave and stick your head up your *** An Emotional writer, that will take back what is owed~~~ AMS Why don't you put your name where your nasty mouth is? You dont know what is happening here, pull your head out of the sand.

I too have been scammed by Xlibris. Two days ago, I received an email from a publisher who was inquiring about my book. HE HAD My BOOK ON HIS DESK!!! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW MY BOOK HAD BEEN PRINTED/PUBLISHED!!!!!

Is this what you call blabbering? You pompous ***

I publish my book 3 yrs ago & have got hardly royalties. Where the money my books are still selling.

I have a complant against Xlibris for not getting the royalties promised. I see online my books are selling ,but I’m not receiving any royalties my name is Sandra Lowery and my book was published 3 years ago.

Yes I have the same complaint and I can't get and assistance for author services ..no record of sales through the Distribute sales channel barnes noble or AmazonIr504@yahoo.com

Thank you for the information and opportunity to get justice and get back what we deserve.daisy_m_reyes@hotmail.com

I have had a book with them for 6 years and is advertised all over the world and presumably has not sold one copy.{{REDACTED}}

@Mike Jones

wow, that's insane. My book was launched back in 2014 and I haven't received royalties in years.

Only checks for less then $30 in almost five years and my is been sold overseas and on eBay even from private companies. Also, I know for a fact that my book sold in 2016 and 2017 and I haven't received a dime. When I called and asked what was going on with my royalties they said they would get back to me, it was almost two months ago.

We have to do something, these so-called people can't get away with this. I put my heart and into this book and did it all by myself.

daisy_m_reyes_37

In 2013 I self-published my first script, titled: "Chi-Chi and the Salazar family" the publisher, I used to publish the script was "Xlibris". I've spent close to two thousand dollars with this publisher to advertise my book to obtain publicity and sells.

Since 2013 all I've gained has been sixty dollars. My book since it came out has been sold overseas and has many five stars over the internet and great reviews, people on eBay are selling my book in the UK, Australia, and France.

The publisher hasn't sent me a check for more than two years and my book has been sold up until today. Then, why was my last check from them a few years ago? When I asked them about why I haven't received a check in the past few years, they always give me vague answers that I don't understand.

A few weeks ago, I called and asked them, why haven't I received a check from 2016 and 2017 and they told me they will going to contact me which they did not. I don't recognize what's actually going on, they can tell me anything they want and I possess no evidence to belie.

I had no idea that so many people were going through the same problems as me, too bad I waited so many years to seek help. I own all the rights to my book.

I'm in. tedandcara@gmail.com.

No matter how many times they called I started to ignore them. I published 1 book with them, never again, the editing sucked too.

I'll not pay them 1 dime more and I know more books have sold than the 6 that showed. I can't even log into check now.

Please read your contracts! Most of all your complaints don’t hold water in a legal battle!

I’m not speaking up for Author Solutions at all! In truth, I’ll help you find the loopholes so you can have a case, if you’ll read this & your contracts! Or what we can do as a select group of people.

(Section 3) I haven’t received much Royalties for my book being sold! The Thing Is:

a.

Not every book sales online or in print edition. So you can’t expect to make a million overnight. You have to prove the # of the book that sold and how they sold; then calculate the amount earned if over, $75 USD per 3 month quarter.

b.

10% of print sales from the Marketing Department are yours.

c. 25% for online print sales are yours.

d. 50% for all epub sales* are yours. e.

100% for audio format sales* are yours. f. 30% for other individual usage sales of your works (IE movie, TV show, radio program, etc.) are yours. * minus promotions, discounts, sales tax, and other such things!

(Section 1) They have reprinted the manuscript I submitted. Well, they have the rights to! They are reproducing a copy of their published works. They own the copyright to the book.

You have to place a copyright on it yourself. Find out who the company placed the copyright under. Then find another publishing company to put your book out there like we did with Author Solutions-??????? There’s plenty of self-publishing companies or for the ones who want help from a full serves Publishing Companies like Author Solutions-???????

claims to be. But be warned not every book gets accepted by the publishing companies, so in most cases self publishing is the only way to go! Either way, pay for your own copyright to be placed upon your manuscript. Use www.MyIdentifiers.com to buy ISBN & a way to submit your manuscript to the patent office.

Then decide between self-publishing companies or a publishing company. (Section 4) I didn’t receive a Refund. Well, I got to say we have a slippery slope here. I’ll put it into English 1.

100% refund if the contract was bought but no material was submitted minus $150 or 10% whichever is greater before 90 days, after No Refund! (They hit me with this one. On the wrong Book ID!) 2. 50% refund if no work was done.

3. 25% if work was done. 4. No Refund after final approval 5.

100% refund minus $400 Content Evaluation fee. (They hit me with this one for the wrong Book ID!) 6. If you’re rude enough to us we’ll give you a 100% refund, a lawsuit arises over claims of the manuscript, or content. See if they violated their end of the contract.

(Section 9) We have 180 days to file for Arbitration to Author Solutions, and 30 days after you signed the contract to opt out of mandatory arbitration. The best thing we can do is to write into the BBB, FTC, ACLU, and such Federal Organizations to report this SCAM of our works, money, and investment of love for our words.

Use our words to persuade these organizations to look into our cause, and stop this theft of OUR WORDS & MONEY! Please buy “Wisdom Thoughts” after I’ve published it :-)