2.3
Style and Design

I invested an annual salary amount in multiple services for my book because several department heads said my book has "amazing potential." A year later, I have not seen squat in returns for my investment. I keep being told that it takes awhile for returns to show up from the feedback of the services I purchased.

Meanwhile, I keep getting calls from my third Publishing Consultant about more services I should purchase to stimulate interest in my book even though I haven't seen diddly squat in returns so far.

I finally blocked the phone number from my publisher consultant so he could not call me anymore. I am fed up with Xlibris and their ***

Product or Service Mentioned: Xlibris Publishing Service.

Xlibris Pros: Diversity of services and explanation.

Xlibris Cons: Expensive, Felt like all they wanted was my money, Constant calling for purchasing more services, Harassed for multiple investments, Had to block phone number.

• Xlibris Complaints

Comments

I had the same experience with Xlibris! I went to Book Fairs and gave away copies of my book and they went fast but I got next to Absolutely Nothing in Royalties!

Then they kept asking me for more money, for a Publicist and to get Indigo, Canada's larges book store chain to sell my book in their stores!

A Publishing company should be trying to get book stores to sell a book to promote sales, not ask the author for money for them to market their book! Then the author would have no way of knowing if Xlibris isn't just taking the author's money and not even getting a Publicist or trying to get the book store chain to sell their book!