Xlibris Scam - FRAUD WARNING
Quite simply, Xlibris is a fraudulent, dishonest and incompetent, disaster zone.Xlibris is nothing more than a quick-buck scam printer, posing as a "print-on-demand publisher", and it has one of the highest complaints percentages for a small business of it's type - with numerous civil legal proceedings for fraud and libel - including one major one that is currently in the Indiana courts and when the judgement is made public in Spring 2011, will likely make the Rebecca Brandewyne/Authorhouse saga look like a walk in the park.
(Word is they're going to need to remortgage a few houses to cover the damages on this latest libel case) Xlibris was started in the late 1990s in a parents' basement, and was previously run out of a garage/home office in Philadelphia, but in the last year moved to the Author Solutions call-center with partner frauds, AuthorHouse (which has a long legal history - just Google "Authorhouse Scam" to find out) and Searchforpublishers.com - the quintessential Author trap. As of December 2010, Xlibris owes huge back taxes to the IRS and is currently carrying huge liabilities that Mr Princeton CEO Kevin Weiss has strategized to rescue with disturbingly dubious "publish 2 for 1" / "publish for a buck" coupon deals which any writer, however good or bad, should stay well clear. Their book production is dogshit like their customer service. Piers Anthony, one of the website's English owners, one of the swarming flies who still fronts this scam, is a failed British "published author" and part time ***-man who lives in Florida, and has a few skeletons of his own - including a 20-year old criminal record in the UK for serious sexual misconduct, fraud and theft.
Yes, Random House does still own a percentage - but let's be clear folks, Random House has a sleeping stake much the same way that Microsoft partially owns the adult services site, Ingenio/Niteflirt and don't they keep that very quiet. RH makes VERY CLEAR that Xlibris books have nothing to do with RH. The Xlibris website contains inept, vague material which is more confusing than helpful, and makes wild inconsistent boasts about how the company has "600 staff" on one page, yet, on another page mysteriously has "300 employees".
The company actually has 3 full time employees, (including Mr Ivy League Kevin Weiss), and at any one time up to 10 part time workers, most of whom are part-time college students who know virtually nothing about publishing except high school english and how to make a greasy $10/hour.The problems with printing at Xlibris are as long as Authorhouse's scam history, they are a disgusting company and I'm sorry they ever crossed paths with my work.12558a89 review #212088
You may also like
- "I was charged without notice, and went I went to sign in my email address was invalid, so I was charged for a service I can't even use.Spoke to customer..."
- "I've been having trouble with Suddenlink's internet service for the past 4+ months. I've called over 2 dozen times during that time period. I've been having different issues. Sometimes it's..."
- "Hotwire Communications is the worst ISP I've ever encountered. They promise high quality fiber optic to the home WITH BLAZING GIGABIT SPEEDS! (http://gethotwired.com/). Advertised speeds up to 20mbps, however I'm..."
- "To: SuddenlinkAs the Owner of multiple social networks I find the service and professionalism at Suddenlink to be amidst the worst I have experienced.On today's date I contacted them during..."
- "If you're job searching, Entry level jobs for "Direct Marketing" and "Outsourced Marketing" companies are scams. I got scammed into one - I worked for 12 hours a day, 6 days..."
- "I decided to professionally paint my 40 year old Devon Yawl(value £3000) this season. Found Richard Marston who quoted £720 for a job. He promised she would be ready in..."
- "Delivered a day late, left on doorstep. Rose petals dropping already...all roses were dead within 3 days, rest of flowers within 5 days. Did not feel this satisfactory..."
- "When I returned the car they said that I was responsible for a scuff mark on the tire. They charged me 166 English Pounds or approximately $255.00 to cover this..."
- "The reason kung bakit ako nagko-complain kase ilang araw ko ng hinihintay ung parcel ko until now wala pa din. Nung April 15,2015 pa napicked-up ni xend tapos natanggap LBC..."
- "the delivery status is very misleading. as for the tracking, it states 1-3 business days. But i called the custserv since i didnt recieved the item even though i got..."
- "Recently purchased Breyers ice cream for company during dinner. To my dismay, we couldn't find any pecan nuts. I thought as I dug deeper, surely some would show up...."
- "I bought 3 months ago the motor bike leather gloves for Harley Davidson. Although they do get worn every day the stitching fell apart after 4 weeks. The quality of..."