Xlibris Scam - FRAUD WARNING
Quite simply, Xlibris is a fraudulent, dishonest and incompetent, disaster zone.Xlibris is nothing more than a quick-buck scam printer, posing as a "print-on-demand publisher", and it has one of the highest complaints percentages for a small business of it's type - with numerous civil legal proceedings for fraud and libel - including one major one that is currently in the Indiana courts and when the judgement is made public in Spring 2011, will likely make the Rebecca Brandewyne/Authorhouse saga look like a walk in the park.
(Word is they're going to need to remortgage a few houses to cover the damages on this latest libel case) Xlibris was started in the late 1990s in a parents' basement, and was previously run out of a garage/home office in Philadelphia, but in the last year moved to the Author Solutions call-center with partner frauds, AuthorHouse (which has a long legal history - just Google "Authorhouse Scam" to find out) and Searchforpublishers.com - the quintessential Author trap. As of December 2010, Xlibris owes huge back taxes to the IRS and is currently carrying huge liabilities that Mr Princeton CEO Kevin Weiss has strategized to rescue with disturbingly dubious "publish 2 for 1" / "publish for a buck" coupon deals which any writer, however good or bad, should stay well clear. Their book production is dogshit like their customer service. Piers Anthony, one of the website's English owners, one of the swarming flies who still fronts this scam, is a failed British "published author" and part time ***-man who lives in Florida, and has a few skeletons of his own - including a 20-year old criminal record in the UK for serious sexual misconduct, fraud and theft.
Yes, Random House does still own a percentage - but let's be clear folks, Random House has a sleeping stake much the same way that Microsoft partially owns the adult services site, Ingenio/Niteflirt and don't they keep that very quiet. RH makes VERY CLEAR that Xlibris books have nothing to do with RH. The Xlibris website contains inept, vague material which is more confusing than helpful, and makes wild inconsistent boasts about how the company has "600 staff" on one page, yet, on another page mysteriously has "300 employees".
The company actually has 3 full time employees, (including Mr Ivy League Kevin Weiss), and at any one time up to 10 part time workers, most of whom are part-time college students who know virtually nothing about publishing except high school english and how to make a greasy $10/hour.The problems with printing at Xlibris are as long as Authorhouse's scam history, they are a disgusting company and I'm sorry they ever crossed paths with my work.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- " Shanda Lancaster Spokesperson For SingsnapSpreading libel in the name of Singsnap/Singsnap's personal advocateShanda Lancaster has become the spokesperson for the web site singsnap.com, an online karaoke web site where..."
- "Hi All, JBSPL Recharge API & Service Is Bad; Dont Buy Api from JBSPL Don't buy Any Api's from these guys. Recently I have purchased the Recharge API from Joshi Biztech..."
- "If you want to start a project that is sure to be a failure, trust husband and wife team Tim Green and Loretta McCarty and their cohort Tom Zajac. Their..."
- "Samsung S3 purchased June 2012. Motherboard failed 21st December 2012. Took to repair station, who said they couldn't repair and sent to Samsung. Eventually returned on 10th January 2013. Noticed..."
- "I went to this optician alone, i had dyslexia a learning disability. And was ripped off. The manager Masu Asaria told me that i get a discount on the designer..."
- "Warning !Happy Calm Focused - HCF is a WASTE OF MONEY and Dangerous -BEWARE - Warning Not only did my focus fail to improve, but there were..."
- "I ordered a rug from Bellacor. Wonderful folks when ordering. However, when the rug arrived with the fringe damaged....customer service supervisor was AWFUL! There was red rug..."
- "I should have read more about this company before ordering. Quadcopter took forever to get here, but the charge to my card had no problem being immediate. It arrived missing..."
- "I purchased with cash a hat for my wife on 8/22/15 at your St Pete Beach store. My wife did not care for it and did not use it. I..."