Xlibris Scam - FRAUD WARNING
Quite simply, Xlibris is a fraudulent, dishonest and incompetent, disaster zone.Xlibris is nothing more than a quick-buck scam printer, posing as a "print-on-demand publisher", and it has one of the highest complaints percentages for a small business of it's type - with numerous civil legal proceedings for fraud and libel - including one major one that is currently in the Indiana courts and when the judgement is made public in Spring 2011, will likely make the Rebecca Brandewyne/Authorhouse saga look like a walk in the park.
(Word is they're going to need to remortgage a few houses to cover the damages on this latest libel case) Xlibris was started in the late 1990s in a parents' basement, and was previously run out of a garage/home office in Philadelphia, but in the last year moved to the Author Solutions call-center with partner frauds, AuthorHouse (which has a long legal history - just Google "Authorhouse Scam" to find out) and Searchforpublishers.com - the quintessential Author trap. As of December 2010, Xlibris owes huge back taxes to the IRS and is currently carrying huge liabilities that Mr Princeton CEO Kevin Weiss has strategized to rescue with disturbingly dubious "publish 2 for 1" / "publish for a buck" coupon deals which any writer, however good or bad, should stay well clear. Their book production is dogshit like their customer service. Piers Anthony, one of the website's English owners, one of the swarming flies who still fronts this scam, is a failed British "published author" and part time ***-man who lives in Florida, and has a few skeletons of his own - including a 20-year old criminal record in the UK for serious sexual misconduct, fraud and theft.
Yes, Random House does still own a percentage - but let's be clear folks, Random House has a sleeping stake much the same way that Microsoft partially owns the adult services site, Ingenio/Niteflirt and don't they keep that very quiet. RH makes VERY CLEAR that Xlibris books have nothing to do with RH. The Xlibris website contains inept, vague material which is more confusing than helpful, and makes wild inconsistent boasts about how the company has "600 staff" on one page, yet, on another page mysteriously has "300 employees".
The company actually has 3 full time employees, (including Mr Ivy League Kevin Weiss), and at any one time up to 10 part time workers, most of whom are part-time college students who know virtually nothing about publishing except high school english and how to make a greasy $10/hour.The problems with printing at Xlibris are as long as Authorhouse's scam history, they are a disgusting company and I'm sorry they ever crossed paths with my work.bef59c0
You may also like
- "I recently tried priceline.com to rent a car -- without success. No big deal. Subsequently I changed my mind and decided not to travel that week at all. Now, every couple..."
- "MANTHISSITESUCKS.com singsnapsucks2.com Malicious and Libelous Activity Internethttp://www.ripoffreport.com/questionable-activities/manthissitesucks-com/manthissitesucks-com-singsnaps-68fad.htm3Author3Consumer0Employee/Owner Report DetailsMANTHISSITESUCKS.com1902 Pueble Drive Internet United States of AmericaPhone: 9514913283Web: www.singsnapsucks2.com/Category: Questionable Activities Arbitrate Set the record straight! Singsnapsucks2.com changed to MANTHISSITESUCKS.com is..."
- "Do yourself a favor and don't have anything to do with these scammers - Jani Ghaffor AKA Jani GMoney AKA Jani G/Chuck Sterling/Digital River Inc/SWREG/CardQuery/PinYourIncome/Pin Cyclone.In researching ways to profit..."
- "Received Tree with greased (black) and scratched remote (see photos), top two sections had been crushed to pack. None of the Clear and Colored lights worked. I called..."
- "Did not want to honor $30 discount off $550 job because the work was completed two separate days which they recommended due to special part order. Returned 5..."
- "I made a negotiation in one of the advertise in Weyburn Garage. it's a 2000 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 AWD 4dr. Posted last Novv. 16, 2014 up to present. They asked..."
- "We arrived in the boutique shop (opposite Exeter Cathedral) and I can say my to be mother-in-law and myself felt very uncomfortable. Ian Dunn and his wife, Josie, weren't friendly..."
- "I feel that some of these "experts" need thereapy and development themselves or get another job in a diferent field. However not every reader on the internet is like that there..."
- "I first found out about Spiritspeaker88 on eBay and have bought several readings from him. He was recommended by a friend who said he's good. I bought readings and healings..."