Quite simply, Xlibris is a fraudulent, dishonest and incompetent, disaster zone.Xlibris is nothing more than a quick-buck scam printer, posing as a "print-on-demand publisher", and it has one of the highest complaints percentages for a small business of it's type - with numerous civil legal proceedings for fraud and libel - including one major one that is currently in the Indiana courts and when the judgement is made public in Spring 2011, will likely make the Rebecca Brandewyne/Authorhouse saga look like a walk in the park.
(Word is they're going to need to remortgage a few houses to cover the damages on this latest libel case) Xlibris was started in the late 1990s in a parents' basement, and was previously run out of a garage/home office in Philadelphia, but in the last year moved to the Author Solutions call-center with partner frauds, AuthorHouse (which has a long legal history - just Google "Authorhouse Scam" to find out) and Searchforpublishers.com - the quintessential Author trap. As of December 2010, Xlibris owes huge back taxes to the IRS and is currently carrying huge liabilities that Mr Princeton CEO Kevin Weiss has strategized to rescue with disturbingly dubious "publish 2 for 1" / "publish for a buck" coupon deals which any writer, however good or bad, should stay well clear. Their book production is dogshit like their customer service. Piers Anthony, one of the website's English owners, one of the swarming flies who still fronts this scam, is a failed British "published author" and part time ***-man who lives in Florida, and has a few skeletons of his own - including a 20-year old criminal record in the UK for serious sexual misconduct, fraud and theft.
Yes, Random House does still own a percentage - but let's be clear folks, Random House has a sleeping stake much the same way that Microsoft partially owns the adult services site, Ingenio/Niteflirt and don't they keep that very quiet. RH makes VERY CLEAR that Xlibris books have nothing to do with RH. The Xlibris website contains inept, vague material which is more confusing than helpful, and makes wild inconsistent boasts about how the company has "600 staff" on one page, yet, on another page mysteriously has "300 employees".
The company actually has 3 full time employees, (including Mr Ivy League Kevin Weiss), and at any one time up to 10 part time workers, most of whom are part-time college students who know virtually nothing about publishing except high school english and how to make a greasy $10/hour.The problems with printing at Xlibris are as long as Authorhouse's scam history, they are a disgusting company and I'm sorry they ever crossed paths with my work.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Xlibris Corporation
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Do yourself a favor and don't have anything to do with these scammers - Jani Ghaffor AKA Jani GMoney AKA Jani G/Chuck Sterling/Digital River Inc/SWREG/CardQuery/PinYourIncome/Pin Cyclone.In researching ways to profit..."
- "Was looking to upgrade my old phone and cell provider was having a sale.So I thought I would give LG a try. Nice looking phone. Specs seemed ok for what..."
- "I sent my book to Xlibris in 2009 for publication. After the review book copy was sent to me, the graphics were blurry and I refused to publish. After being..."
- "Warning !Happy Calm Focused - HCF is a WASTE OF MONEY and Dangerous -BEWARE - Warning Not only did my focus fail to improve, but there were..."
- "JE0584568163 View Details Order Date : 2014-05-19 01:58:14 Was This Chat Help?(0)|(0) From : Vicki2014-05-30 06:36:43 Subject : Missing or Wrong Products Additional Information : Item : 5616 HI, I received..."
- "I ordered a bouquet of flowers from the prestige flowers website.I paid an additional amount and in total 46GBP for a LARGE bouquet of "pure delight"The picture advertised on the..."
- "I recently changed to using the shorter extensions which are better for everyday movement and lighter texture of hair which seemed better to match my very fine hair. First of..."
- "I was sent this on my email for the order I had placed last month. Then August came and I was sent this 2nd email which just upset me...."
- "Josh jones owner of phoenix plumbing Houston Texas 77076 422 dipping Lane a *** I found it on his laptop it shows him with young boys and young girls texting..."