Xlibris Scam - FRAUD WARNING
Quite simply, Xlibris is a fraudulent, dishonest and incompetent, disaster zone.Xlibris is nothing more than a quick-buck scam printer, posing as a "print-on-demand publisher", and it has one of the highest complaints percentages for a small business of it's type - with numerous civil legal proceedings for fraud and libel - including one major one that is currently in the Indiana courts and when the judgement is made public in Spring 2011, will likely make the Rebecca Brandewyne/Authorhouse saga look like a walk in the park.
(Word is they're going to need to remortgage a few houses to cover the damages on this latest libel case) Xlibris was started in the late 1990s in a parents' basement, and was previously run out of a garage/home office in Philadelphia, but in the last year moved to the Author Solutions call-center with partner frauds, AuthorHouse (which has a long legal history - just Google "Authorhouse Scam" to find out) and Searchforpublishers.com - the quintessential Author trap. As of December 2010, Xlibris owes huge back taxes to the IRS and is currently carrying huge liabilities that Mr Princeton CEO Kevin Weiss has strategized to rescue with disturbingly dubious "publish 2 for 1" / "publish for a buck" coupon deals which any writer, however good or bad, should stay well clear. Their book production is dogshit like their customer service. Piers Anthony, one of the website's English owners, one of the swarming flies who still fronts this scam, is a failed British "published author" and part time ***-man who lives in Florida, and has a few skeletons of his own - including a 20-year old criminal record in the UK for serious sexual misconduct, fraud and theft.
Yes, Random House does still own a percentage - but let's be clear folks, Random House has a sleeping stake much the same way that Microsoft partially owns the adult services site, Ingenio/Niteflirt and don't they keep that very quiet. RH makes VERY CLEAR that Xlibris books have nothing to do with RH. The Xlibris website contains inept, vague material which is more confusing than helpful, and makes wild inconsistent boasts about how the company has "600 staff" on one page, yet, on another page mysteriously has "300 employees".
The company actually has 3 full time employees, (including Mr Ivy League Kevin Weiss), and at any one time up to 10 part time workers, most of whom are part-time college students who know virtually nothing about publishing except high school english and how to make a greasy $10/hour.The problems with printing at Xlibris are as long as Authorhouse's scam history, they are a disgusting company and I'm sorry they ever crossed paths with my work.c25d7b2
You may also like
- "So here it is 1am, I'm still up watching netflix, while also downloading app updates, computer updates, and downloading iTunes music. I wake up the next morning and here..."
- "I was charged without notice, and went I went to sign in my email address was invalid, so I was charged for a service I can't even use. Spoke to customer..."
- "Police don't have criminal solutions with teeth to combat "poor character", lawmakers assure civil suits against an individual are drawn out; Pamela K. Geldart (~50 yrs) doesn't have punitive resources..."
- "Purchaed Stop and Shop 100% Pure Maple Syrup US Grade A Dark Amber 12 ounce about 2 weeks ago, used once and refrigerated. Went to use it this morning..."
- "Super Target in Boyton Beach FL ..wed Nov 26 6pm..walking in we saw entrance totally overrun in trash. My wife told a sales associate of problem. .assured the manager would..."
- "Went to sons football match wearing my much loved timberlands. It was a severely wet day and to dry the boots I placed them beneath the radiator, when I..."
- "When I returned the car they said that I was responsible for a scuff mark on the tire. They charged me 166 English Pounds or approximately $255.00 to cover this..."
- "Just flowers did not deliver on the day promised they delivered the day after a birthday and the fruit arrangement was nothing like the basket I ordered I will attach..."
- "I sent 5 packages from Spain to UK in Sep 2011. Four of them were electronics (computer and accessories) packaged in their original boxes with the proper protectors (original DELL..."